The history of Pfalzmarkt

  • 1926
  • Foundation of “Pfälzische Gemüsezentrale, Arbeitsgemeinschaft der Genossenschaftsverbände Landau und Ludwigshafen a. Rh. GmbH”, Schifferstadt

  • 1951
  • Foundation of “Obst- und Gemüsegroßmarkt Schifferstadt eG”

  • 1957
  • Merger with “Obst- und Gemüseabsatzgenossenschaft Heiligenstein GmbH”

  • 1985
  • Merger

    Following closures, foundations, mergers and consolidations, the merger agreement of 28th November 1985 between “Obst- und Gemüsegroßmarkt Schifferstadt eG” and “Obst- und Gemüsegroßmarkt Südpfalz-Landau eG” saw the creation of the most important and largest cohesive cultivation area for outdoor vegetables in order to counter the strong competitive situation in the Palatinate, increasing concentration on the food retail market and growing competition from abroad.

  • 1987
  • New site

    The new “Pfalzmarkt für Obst und Gemüse eG” moved to the new site in Mutterstadt, Neustadter Straße in 1987 with an area of around 42,000 m², which is now covered.

  • 2003
  • New construction of the business premises in Hatzenbühl

  • 2005
  • New construction of Hall 2 in Mutterstadt

  • 2013
  • Merger with the wholesale fruit and vegetable market Obst- und Gemüsemarkt Maxdorf-Lambsheim eG

  • 2019
  • Foundation of Pfalzmarkt Logistik und Dienstleistungs GmbH